Thursday, 15 December 2011

Thriller Opening



Evaluation
This is the Thriller Opening I did when I was in a group, looking back I think that we had needed to manage our time and locations better. This was because we filmed rather late and we had little time to edit the whole clip and include suitable music, in which I thought could have been improved to create better suspense. The cross cutting technique worked fine, as the audience would have expected that he arrived late and not just the wrong room. However we should have made the duration of the black out longer as it just suddenly cuts to the scene when the detective enters the wrong room, therefore spoiling the tension and suspense that could have been gained. 


The location of the clips matched in terms of having a similar building design, although a majority if of the clip had been in college and technically isn't good use of mise en scene.


The use of characters wasn't entirely suitable as it didn't set what genre it was and who was the target audience, this being because of the age of the actors and actress were teen to early adult, whereas the roles of the kidnapper and the police would normally be adults.


Overall I think this was really good for our first practice, and to improve from this I will carefully manage my time, find better and suitable locations, actors and props.

No comments:

Post a Comment