What kind of media institution might distribute your media product & why?
A production company helps the production and the development of the film and can usually be directly responsible for fund raising, marketing and distributing it.They handle the budgeting, scripting and the scheduling along with the the appropriate staff and the talents and resources. An example of a production company is 20th Century Fox also know as one of the big six production companies along with Warner Bros and such and are known for producing films such as Star Wars, Planet of the Apes and Ice Age which are some of their most popular films.
As stated before in a previous post, I thought Hammer Film productions would have been suitable for distributing my film, however I think it isn't entirely suitable for distributing my film. This is because they specialise more the Horror category rather than the Thriller category which is the reason I think that they wouldn't be very suitable but in terms of location they are.
I have decided to choose Lionsgate because of their film variety over many genres, which is in favour of my film because they have produced many films within the Crime-Thriller genre such as American Psycho , Under Suspicion, The Bank job and most recently The Hunger Games. Lionsgate is an independent leading global entertainment company that produces and distributes movies, television programmes, home and family entertainment and many more activities. Their distributors are in the UK, France, Australia/New Zealand and Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment