How did you attract/address your audience?
My target audience was males from 15-24 year old, as said in the previous post in Prezi, males enjoy action and violence in films to a certain degree more than women. To attract the audience I had to make sure the camerawork and editing matched that of a Crime-Thriller and to spread the image that this is a serious film.
Seriousness is a main attraction for my film to the audience and is very important to portray the this film genre, one of the ways I did this was too make the shots less bright and dark, to give a more morbid and depressing feeling in the film.
The soundtrack was purposely made to gradually build in to create tension with a low bass of strings that echoed and mixing the sound of footsteps at the right time, so the music builds up along with the introduction of the killer. As the film progresses the music Will eventually be loud to suggest that danger is approaching.
In this screenshot you can the majority of the viewers are a male audience and for one group it is ages 13-17 which is slightly below my target audience age, also female viewers were of smaller attraction to this film. This means that my film was successful in terms of attracted the correct audience that I had assumed would watch my film although surprisingly it is also popular with males aged 47-54 which was unexpected.
Even though the audience are alot younger than my target, I can argue that Youtube is a community filled with young audiences and they are the most likely ones to be on the website that older age groups. The statistics also show that the overall views are all in the UK on the map displayed above.
Here is a comment from someone who watched my film opening, he gave very positive and critical feedback. The fact that he states about the glove and the text 'easy on the eye' and 'the use of gloves to depict secrecy' shows that I was successful in expressing that as I purposely made the text simple and the identity of the killer to remain unknown to the audience. It also seems my camerawork and editing was of good quality as I wanted the audience to feel that time is running out for the hostage. I also agreed to a certain extent that the piano soundtrack did maybe last a little long, however speaking to my other viewers they felt that the piano soundtrack fitted well, which shows that its rather a matter of preference to what the audience feel that is best.
No comments:
Post a Comment